The ETSIT is located at the Moncloa Campus (Ciudad Universitaria), and now has 4 buildings dating from 1963 to 2005. The available space totals 44.937 m2.
· Building A. Holds most of the classrooms, the Library, conference and meeting rooms and Central Services.
· Building B. Additional Classrooms, Departmental offices and research labs.
· Building C. Departmental offices and research labs, Theater, Faculty Senior Room and Telecommunications Museum. Institute of Solar Energy and Institute for Systems based on Optoelectronics and Microtechnology.
· Building D. Holds Industry Chair offices and research projects demonstrator labs.
· Directive team: 11 offices
· Directive team clerical staff: 2 offices
· Academic Secretary:
· International Office:
· Library staff: 4 offices
· Technical Office: 4 offices
· Economic Office: 3 offices
· Computer & Network support Office -GICO:
· Industry Chairs: 12 offices
· Cafeteria: staff cafeteria and students cafeteria
· FUNDETEL: 2 Offices
· Human resources, press, services offices: 5 officesDepartments:
· Faculty: 170 Offices
· Clerical: 13 Offices
Total space for Departments’ offices: 5407 m2
Classrooms are assigned to Central Services, and the management is under direct responsibility of the Head of Studies. They are located in Buildings A & B, and have a preferential use for educational activities in the Telecommunication Engineer Programs.
· 38 Classrooms with overhead projector, video projection, internet and air conditioning. Capacity: 2.698 students
· 2 Classrooms for team work lectures. Capacity: 81 people
· 1 Classroom with PC computers. Capacity: 56 people Total Classroom space: 3286 m2 Additional:
· 8 Conference/meeting rooms. Capacity: 491 people
· 4 Theaters. Capacity: 698 people
Laboratories for educational activities in the program are assigned to Departments. There are 16 laboratory rooms for Engineering programs, totalling 2471 m2. For Final Project, students will use departmental research labs and facilities (not included here).
o 500 study places with electrical wired connection for laptops, mobile phones, and other electronic devices.
o 50 laptops for borrowing.
o 8 group study rooms. Students may do their reservations and they can see the reserves and availability online
o Facilities for people with disabilities, there are three complete spaces and equipment for people with special needs, for example reduced mobility of any type, with equipment for this purpose. The seats also include computers with software for several handicaps such as vision or sound deficiency. Library has an electronic magnifying glass for strong visual handicapped people and a special scanner.
· 455 parking spaces
· 2 basketball/tennis courts
· Student Associations
· Museum of Telecommunications
· Storage/archive rooms
Instructional and learning environments in the labs are responsibility of the Departments. Faculty and Department support personnel let students know about the precautions and care to take in each lab session.
Safety in classrooms, library, computer rooms and other common areas area a direct responsibility of the ETSIT-UPM Technical Office, under the supervision of the Vice-Dean of Finances and Infrastructures and the ETSIT Administrator. The Technical Office will make sure that all the environments on the premises are safe and used for their intended purpose. The Director of Finances and Infrastructures is also responsible of security personnel at the ETSIT-UPM, and the coordination with Campus security.
The UPM has established and documented a Policy to prevent risk in work environments that must be followed in areas of activities, especially those involving students. The detailed procedures of the UPM Prevention Risk Policy can be found at:
The Policy procedure includes regular evacuation drills and inspection of labs and premises.
For more information about the services offered by the center, click here. For more information about the center's resources, click here.