The Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicación of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, located in the Campus of International Excellence of Moncloa (Ciudad Universitaria), is the oldest school of Telecommunications Engineering studies in Spain.
• To train professionals in the field of Telecommunications Engineering and Biomedical Engineering with solid knowledge in the area of Technologies of Information, Communications and biomedical engineering, both in its technological aspects and socioeconomic aspects, and with a clear commitment to career development.
• To actively contribute to the generation and transfer of technological knowledge through research and innovation in a multidisciplinary and multicultural context.
• Promote the development of the Society of the Information through the transversality and universality of Technologies of Information and Communications and biomedical engineering, training professionals in the field of Telecommunications Engineering and Biomedical Engineering qualified to design and develop systems, applications and services in multicultural and multidisciplinary fields, applying appropriate technologies. Formar profesionales al máximo nivel de excelencia internacional, con amplias capacidades para generar y aplicar conocimiento científico y tecnológico a la resolución de problemas propios de su ámbito profesional.
• Generate scientific and technological knowledge in the School together with companies and technology centers and research centers of national and international character based in Spain or abroad, involving in the process the students as part of their training process, leading mobility students and teachers with the best national and foreign centers.
Being a School of reference and international recognition as a result of interlocking teaching and research activities in which graduates acquire an important scientific basis with intensifications in one or more selected areas of the field of Telecommunications and Biomedical Engineering, and with the most advanced level in science, technology, systems, services and applications for the Society of the Information.
• Promote and implement a comprehensive program of research, development and innovation, in line with the most advanced level at each moment, in technologies, systems, services and applications as well as scientific knowledge.
• Being a pioneer School in innovative educational activities and development and use of new teaching methodologies adapted to the objectives of the bachelors as required, encouraging the best development of the specific skills of each student, gradually guiding them to the implementation of activities of self-training.
• Provide an integral formation for graduated professionals that includes socioeconomic aspects, techno-economic, socio-technical and info social, enabling them to take the leadership and management of projects, for the entrepreneur and innovative spirit, and for the communication and work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
Biomedical Engineering, being in permanent contact with businesses and professional associations, seeking for a greater integration with the business and the social reality of the professionals formed, and including in the training of this professional profile ethical aspects of the profession and everything concerning the environmental respect, equality of opportunity, and economic and market aspects in this area.
• capability of adaptation and evolution , due to the rate of change of technologies, applications and services of the professional field of Telecommunications and Biomedical Engineering, with constant need for self-learning throughout professional life.
• Pursuit of excellence and desire for constant self- improvement in all fields of work, particularly in teaching, research, innovation and management.
• Leadership based on experience, the history of a century in the training of students who have reached the highest levels in their professional practice at national and international level, derived from identical recognition from the school.
• Critical spirit and rigorous and independent analysis, necessary for discussion, to learn to admit with respect and consideration contrary opinions, and build solutions based on information from various sources.
• Effort and perseverance in carrying out activities, as an inherent and necessary culture for the successful achievement of objectives and present and future challenges.
• Vocation of service to society, such as training of professionals who contribute to the welfare of it by promoting with the good work the trust of that society of those professionals, both in resolving problems and forecasting future scenarios that will require an action.
• Professionalism of human resources, as efficiency and effectiveness in carrying out the tasks entrusted.
• Integrity, as a code of professional conduct that must begin in the form of code of conduct from the student stage, exemplified by teachers and school staff.
• Ingenuity and creativity, as necessary elements to relate multicontextuals and multidisciplinary knowledge, with the aim of finding imaginative and pragmatic solutions to problems, with the capability to optimize these solutions and anticipating problems.