The basic aim of the qualification is the scientific, technological and socio-economic training of graduates and their preparation for professional practice in the development and implementation of Information Technology and Communications in the field of telecommunication and other activities the demand. The level reached in this training must be at least that enable graduates to fulfill the profession of Telecommunications Engineer, as provided in the Order CIN / 352/2009, and allowing access to studies of Master in Telecommunication Engineering to be held at the ETSIT-UPM.
Within this basic objective, graduates should acquire the ability to analyze, design, implement, operate and manage systems, networks, services, equipment, components or processes within the field of Information Technology and Communications, depending on the itinerary academic followed.
In particular, the objectives of Title agree with the objectives specified in Order CIN / 352/2009 fixing that students should acquire the following skills:
- Ability to write, develop and sign projects in the field of telecommunications engineering aimed, according to the knowledge acquired as provided in paragraph 5 of the order mentioned, the design and development or exploitation of networks, services and applications for telecommunications and electronics.
- Knowledge, comprehension and ability to apply the necessary legislation for the development of the profession of Engineer in Telecommunications and easy to handle specifications, regulations and mandatory standards.
- Knowledge of basic materials and technologies that will enable you to learn new methods and technologies as well as that feat versatility to adapt to new situations.
- Ability to solve problems with initiative, decision making, creativity, and to communicate and transmit knowledge, abilities and skills, understanding the ethical and professional responsibility of the activity of Telecommunications Engineer.
- Knowledge to perform measurements, calculations, assessments, appraisals, surveys, studies, reports, scheduling and similar work in their specific field of telecommunication.
- Ability to handle specifications, regulations and mandatory standards.
- Ability to analyze and assess the social and environmental impact of technical solutions.
- Know and apply basic principles of economics and human resource management, organization and project planning, as well as legislation, regulation and standardization in telecommunications.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary group and in a multilingual environment and communicate, both in writing and orally, knowledge, procedures, results and ideas related to telecommunications and electronics.