Title of qualification:
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering from the Universidad Politecnica de Madrid.
Centre responsible: Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicación
Academic year in which it was implemented: 2011/2012
- Type of education: classroom
- Number of ECTS credits: 240
- Number of places again offered admission: 90
- Languages which is taught: Spanish
Minimum number of credits per type of registration and course
Standards of permanence.Pre-registration deadlines
Period and requirements for enrollment
The design and contents of the Degree are geared to ensure that the student has, after graduation, the conceptual tools, manuals and techniques necessary and own abilities to improve or develop new processes and industrial services and health partner, to implement its knowledge to real medical problems; all with a knowledge of the main aspects of living beings and life sciences that will enable biomedical collaborate with colleagues not only in the work of technical resolution of the problems that are raised but also in the processes themselves identifying problems themselves only way to produce technological solutions have real utility.
- Obj. 1. Be able to plan, direct and coordinate all activities related to the field of Biomedical Engineering. This includes activities related to conception and design, manufacturing, testing and certification of products and services related to the possible skills related to this degree.
- Obj. 2. Know both engineering methodology related to the design process, such as medical terminology, as well as social and economic impact of its actions, with a strong background in basic technology and specialty materials with a qualification for their future development and allows an easy adaptability.
- Obj. 3. Be able to direct and fully manage projects, including research, and companies with total quality criteria and respect for people and the environment. To train professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit, capacity for knowledge transfer and development of patents.
- Obj. 4. Know the general engineering and technologies, including technologies that consider environmental sustainability, specifically chemical engineering, project, business, industrial organization, mechanics, electronics, computing, communications.
- Obj. 5. Know the basic science level sufficient to be able to apply technologies in the field of biomedical engineering, to understand and generate innovation.
- Obj. 6. Acquire an intuition to understand and know how to exploit the existence of analogies between mechanisms and structures in various fields of science, particularly in biology, chemistry and physics. Develop a clear perception of being different situations, through its analogies, allow the use of known solutions to new problems.
- Obj. 7. To familiarize with work in the laboratory, instrumentation and experimental methods, to be able to conduct experiments and / or design applications independently and describe, quantify, analyze and critically evaluate the results.
- Obj. 8. Develop the ability to perform their work in a coordinated and group with other professionals in multidisciplinary areas and communicate key aspects of your business to others in your area, neighboring areas and a lay audience activity.
- Obj. 9. To train professionals in the basics of legislation, management and marketing of products and biomedical services.
- Obj. 10. Encourage involvement in the disciplined study, using security guarantees and risk prevention, and foster awareness of the ethical and bioethical aspects of the area.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
Graduates in the Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, a few years after graduation, will have:
- BPEO1 effectively apply their knowledge to identify and solve problems in Biomedical Engineering.
- BPEO2 successfully practice the Biomedical Engineer profession, in their corresponding field of speciality, including normative, regulative and ethical issues, being aware of the economic and social context.
- BPEO3 work efficiently as active members of engineering teams, demonstrating communication skills in different environments.
- BPEO4 pursue lifelong learning, having already achieved a Master degree in Biomedical Engineering or being prepared for it.