Requirements for Degree Seeking students
language of instruction English and Spanish
Duration: 18 months
According to the double degree agreement signed, it is also possible to obtain the following degrees :
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity (MUCS)
language of instruction Spanish
Duration: full academic year
- Master of Science in Signal Theory and Communications (MUTSC)
language of instruction English
Duration: full academic year
I. Double Degree Agreement
Students interested to participate in the Double Degree programme must first check with their home University if there is a signed double degree agreement.
II. Study Plan
Accepted students have to follow minimum 60 ECTS of courses (typically first year of the Master in Telecommunication Engineering mandatory courses) and carry out a Master thesis - 30 ECTS credits. The duration of the exchange period is usually eighteen months requiered (a total of 90 ECTS).
Particularities of each agreement should be consulted with the Home Coordinator.
Students will have to check with the international office if the chosen courses correspond to the requested number of ECTS for double degree students. Learning agreement signed by the student and both home and host Institution is compulsory.
Core courses (First year) and elective courses (Second year) in the MUIT are taught either in Spanish and in English.Please check the course catalogue with the courses given in English.
• Master Thesis Procedure
Up to 30 ECTS of courses may be recognized if students have already obtained the academic competences at thier home University. The same amount of recognized credits must be taken from the second year of the MUIT (specialization).
- Existing double agreements
- Be preselected by the Home University.
- Applicants should have completed at least 3 years of university studies (180 ECTS credits): they may apply in the same year they obtain their bachelor degree. Other requirement may apply according to the signed double degree agreement. Check the information with your Home Institution.
- A minimum of B2 language level in English is required. Test score is requiered.
- B1 in Spanish is strongly recommended.
Selected students must be nominated by the international office of their home University to the e-mail international.etsit(at)upm.es
Documents to submit to the application:
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two recommendation letters
- Official Transcript of Records in English listing all courses completed by the student at the home Institution, ECTS credits of every course must be stated on the Transcript of Records
- Oficial GPA
- Learning Agreement signed by the home Institution Coordinator
- English test score level B2
- Copy of Passport or ID card
- Copy of a valid insurance policy
The student should submit these documents to the on-line application before the deadline.
Pre-selected applicants may be invited to a short interview with the Vice Dean for International Relations and Corporate Partnership at ETSIT and the Head of Study. They are encouraged to discuss their unique background, motivation, interests, and goals. The interview will be done online.
The final decision is made by the ETSIT-UPM and the student will be informed in maximum 5 weeks after receiving his/her application package.