The Law on Management of Technical Sciences, of July 20, 1957, had first established a specific School for Telecommunications Engineering, the School of Telecommunications Engineering, and another specific school of Appraisers in Telecommunications, the Technical School of Telecommunications Appraisers (later renamed in 1966 to School of Telecommunications Engineering). During the early years, both schools coexisted in practice in the Official School of Telecommunications Street Conde de Peñalver. In 1965 the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicación moves to a building itself to the University City of Madrid. Until 1972 no pupils and teachers from School of Telecommunications Engineering definitively moved to its current location in the South Campus of the Polytechnic University of Madrid. In February 1966 the Polytechnic Institute of Madrid was created, that grouped the nine existing schools then, including the School of Telecommunications Engineering .Finally, in 1971 the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid is created, from which since then our School is part of it.