The collection consists of a wide range of equipment and instruments used in telecommunications: radar, telephone switchboards, radio stations, collections valves, electronic components and tools used in the teaching of telecommunications in the last decades of 19th and 20th Century.
A great part of our collection comes from large industries, such as analog switchboards, some used in the general telephone network and other, smaller, from various departments and official institutions; radar equipment (transmitter and receiver antennas) of domestic and foreign origin, radio stations used in commercial stations, electronic components, wire forms (from simple copper pairsused in submarine communications), vacuum valves.
Among the oldest pieces stand out the inscriptores, switches or transmission drillers Morse, built in the late Nineteenth Century and still keep the original parts.
The educational activity of the school is present through educational panels (television and radio) that explain the operation of its various electronic circuits. With them a set of measuring instruments (voltmeters, galvanometers, multimeters, ondámetros boxes impedance, etc.) is exhibited; some of these devices were made and built by the students of the school in the years before the Civil War.
The museum has a remarkable collection of telephones, from line to specialized equipment (telephones campaign or military models of the 1940s), switching keys, etc. Especially interesting is the collection of mobile phones (Nokia collection and Motorola collection).
An important part of the collection are the radios. Household receivers manufactured in the early decades of the twentieth century are displayed along with transmitting equipment of various kinds, from instruments of military equipment to civilian use. Galena receivers made between 1930 and 1945, radio receivers tuned frequency valves (1920).
Part of the exhibition is located in several places such as classrooms and computer rooms, where you can find several instruments like oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc. manufactured by an American multinational [HP], these pieces were donated to the School under the Hispanic-American cooperation program throughout the 1950s and 1960s.